OK. I registered the domain names – www.writeacrossmedia.com and www.writeacrossmedia.com.au – weeks ago. I have had the best intentions in the world to start blogging. But which software to use? I have used Blogger several times before to create blogs for clients and friends (http://www.vanessagorman.com/blog.htm, http://www.spikemilliganlegacy.com/blog/index.htm) and, more recently, Typepad (http://theburningseasonmovie.typepad.com/) but what app for my own soapbox? I made a list of the features I want from a blog (not fussy at all, you see):
- Ability to amend publication date (so you can, you know, cheat)
- Ability for visitors to add commments
- Index of recent posts
- List of categories
- Embedded, automatically updated tag cloud
- Brief profile and link back to my main site, www.evolvemedia.com.au
- Ability for visitors to automatically add my blog to Digg and del.icious.us
- Ability to embed ads by Google
- My personal blogroll (my fav blogs)
- List of my most popular blog entries
- And, most importantly of all, ability to use my domains, www.writeacrossmedia.com and www.writeacrossmedia.com.au
So now I commence the journey of assessing the three blog apps I know… I’d love to do it in the next 14 minutes, before episode four of EAST OF EVERYTHING commences, but I don’t like my chances. You see, I am not dying to see the series because I actually enjoy it, but because I am hoping/praying that tonight – under the stewardship of Matthew Saville (director of one of my fav Aussie films of all time, NOISE) – that the overly earnest, terribly cliche series redeems itself.
Fingers crossed. Over and out.