Write Across Media writes clean and engaging copy for all forms of media (specialising in online content development and interactive scriptwriting since 1996). Write Across Media’s founder and principal Kerry Sunderland has worked as a professional writer since 1989. She has written for for magazines, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, education curriculum, training materials, websites, DVDs and cross-platform documentaries that are produced for the big screen, television and online delivery.
As a freelance journalist, Kerry has written for The Walkleys Magazine, Inside Film, Filmink, Metro Magazine, Australian Educator, HR Monthly, Research World and Research News. She has reported on the impact of technology on business, education and society, as well as covering travel/tourism, media (filmmaking, the web), marketing (social and market research, in particular) and human resources.
In the digital world, Kerry has worked as a writer on a wide range of projects including:
- Web content writer for the Evolve Festival website at www.evolvefestival.co.nz (launched October 2015)
- Web content writer for the new Tahuna Beach Holiday Park website at www.tahunabeachholidaypark.co.nz (June – August 2015)
- Web content writer for the new NZSki website at www.nzski.com (launched May 2015)
- Official ‘tweeter’ (member of the international social media team), Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, Bali, Indonesia, October 2012
- Producer/writer and co-founder, Journey Beyond Road Trauma (2010) at www.journeybeyondroadtrauma.org
- Online content consultant for the redevelopment of the official Saddle Club web site for Crawford Productions Australia (2008)
- Writer/producer of the web site to accompany I Told You I Was Ill: The Life and Legacy of Spike Milligan (2005) at www.spikemilliganlegacy.com
- Writer/producer of the web site to accompany the award-winning documentary, The Man who Stole my Mother’s Face (2004) at www.themanwhostolemymothersface.com, winner of Lexus IF Award for Best Documentary 2004, Tribeca International Film Festival Best Documentary 2004, New York
- Online content manager/writer of the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria’s Journeys & Destinations web site from 2000-2002
- Writer, SafeTrac trade practice compliance training intranet for Qantas Australia/Minter Ellison Lawyers, which won the CCH Legal Profession Emerging Technology Award 1999.
While most of her words are destined for the page or the screen, Kerry has also written for radio. Way back in the 90s, she was a guest presenter on the travel show, Road to Nowhere, on Triple R FM. In 2012, she was film reviewer for the Morning Show with Joanne Shoebridge on ABC North Coast Radio (writing reviews of films being screened in cinemas as well as the latest DVD and online releases). She is currently producer and host of the Fresh Start Monday breakfast show on Fresh FM, which broadcasts across the top of Aotearora New Zealand’s South Island.